Christ has died. Christ is risen. Christ will come again. For centuries Christians have proclaimed these central truths. The gospel that began in space and time will ultimately be fulfilled at Christ's return. And as we wait and long for Christ's return, this gospel gives us encouragement and a reason for hope. These ten studies on Paul's letters to the Thessalonians open our minds to the truth, lift our hearts to hope, and cause us to worship our faithful, victorious God.
John Stott was one of the world's leading and most-loved Bible teachers and preachers. In this Bible study guide you can explore Scripture under his guidance, enhancing your own in-depth study with insights gained from his years of immersion in God's Word.
Introducing 1 and 2 Thessalonians
1. Passing It On - 1 Thessalonians 1
2. Pleasing God - 1 Thessalonians 2:1-16
3. Double Commitment - 1 Thessalonians 2:17–3:13
4. Living the Gospel - 1 Thessalonians 4:1-12
5. Hope in the Face of Death - 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
6. Waiting for Christ - 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11
7. Christian Community - 1 Thessalonians 5:12-28
8. Dynamic Faith - 2 Thessalonians 1
9. Standing Firm - 2 Thessalonians 2
10. The Word of Peace - 2 Thessalonians 3
Guidelines for Leaders
Located in Westmont, Illinois, InterVarsity Press has been publishing excellent Christian books for more than 50 years. Our current publishing program is focused on three imprints: 1) IVP Books offers general-interest books in categories like Christian living, discipleship, evangelism, missions, apologetics and cultural critique. 2) IVP Academic offers books designed for research and classroom use in areas such as biblical studies, theology, philosophy, science and psychology. 3) IVP Connect offers study guides, multimedia curriculum and foundational resources for churches and small groups.