Christ has died. Christ is risen. Christ will come again. For centuries Christians have proclaimed these central truths. The gospel that began in space and time will ultimately be fulfilled at Christ's return. And as we wait for Christ, we find both encouragement from the gospel and a reason for hope. These studies in Paul's letters to the Thessalonians enlighten our minds, lift our hearts and cause us to worship the God of the gospel and of time.
John Stott is one of the world's leading and most loved Bible teachers and preachers. In this guide you can explore Scripture under his guidance, enhancing your own in-depth study with insights gained from his years of immersion in God's Word.
Introducing 1 2 Thessalonians
1. Passing It On - 1 Thessalonians 1
2. Pleasing God - 1 Thessalonians 2:1-16
3. Double Committment - 1 Thessalonians 2:17-3:13
4. Living the Gospel - 1 Thessalonians 4:1-12
5. Hope in the Face of Death - 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
6. Waiting for Christ - 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11
7. Christian Community - 1 Thessalonians 5:12-28
8. Dynamic Faith - 2 Thessalonians 1
9. Standing Firm - 2 Thessalonians 2
10. The Word of Peace - 2 Thessalonians 3
Guidelines for Leaders
Located in Westmont, Illinois, InterVarsity Press has been publishing excellent Christian books for more than 50 years. Our current publishing program is focused on three imprints: 1) IVP Books offers general-interest books in categories like Christian living, discipleship, evangelism, missions, apologetics and cultural critique. 2) IVP Academic offers books designed for research and classroom use in areas such as biblical studies, theology, philosophy, science and psychology. 3) IVP Connect offers study guides, multimedia curriculum and foundational resources for churches and small groups.