We live in a culture where the beliefs and preferences of the individual are given final authority.
Paul's firm commitment to the church as "the pillar and foundation of the truth" stands against that trend. His letters to Timothy and Titus call us to reestablish the core beliefs of Christianity and affirm our convictions about the gospel.
Paul's priority in these letters is to make sure that the truth of the gospel is faithfully guarded and delivered to the next generation. Through these studies, we will be challenged to carry on the battle, armed with the truth of the gospel!
John Stott is one of the world's leading and most loved Bible teachers and preachers. In this guide you can explore Scripture under his guidance, enhancing your own in-depth study with insights gained from his years of immersion in God's Word.
Introducing 1 Timothy Titus
1. True or False? - 1 Timothy 1:1-11
2. Belief That Behaves - 1 Timothy 1:12-20
3. Worship Women - 1 Timothy 2
4. A Leader to Follow - 1 Timothy 3
5. Choose Your Weapons - 1 Timothy 4:1-5:2
6. Caring for Widows - 1 Timothy 5:3-16
7. Showing Respect - 1 Timothy 5:17-6:2
8. Money Matters - 1 Timothy 6:3-21
9. Truth in Church - Titus 1
10. Truth at Home - Titus 2
11. Truth in the World - Titus 3:1-8
12. United We Stand - Titus 3:9-15
Guidelines for Leaders
Located in Westmont, Illinois, InterVarsity Press has been publishing excellent Christian books for more than 50 years. Our current publishing program is focused on three imprints: 1) IVP Books offers general-interest books in categories like Christian living, discipleship, evangelism, missions, apologetics and cultural critique. 2) IVP Academic offers books designed for research and classroom use in areas such as biblical studies, theology, philosophy, science and psychology. 3) IVP Connect offers study guides, multimedia curriculum and foundational resources for churches and small groups.