Proverbs is the Bible's own how-to manual. The wisdom contained in its practical and simple instructions will help you to be successful and prosperous in your work, your dealings with family and friends, and your relationship with God. As William Mouser opens up this treasure-store of godly guidance, you'll wonder how you ever survived without it.
Where do you turn when you need to replace a fuse, cook dinner, eradicate ants, or soothe your child's upset stomach? If you are like many others, you have a shelf full of "how-to" books to supplement your own knowledge and experience.
Now it's time to add Proverbs to that shelf! Proverbs is the Bible's own how-to manual. The wisdom contained in its practical and simple instructions will help you to be successful and prosperous in your work, your dealings with family and friends, and your relationship with God. As William Mouser opens up this treasure-store of godly guidance, you'll wonder how you ever survived without it.
Now available in IVP's revised LifeGuide Bible Study format, Proverbs features questions for starting group discussions and for personal reflection, as well as a new "Now or Later" section following each session.
Getting the Most Out of Proverbs
1. The Choice - Proverbs 9
2. The Simple - Proverbs 7
3. Avoiding the Fool - Proverbs 13:19; 17:12; 18:2, 7; 20:3; 26:11
4. Finding Wisdom - Proverbs 13:10; 20; 14:12; 15:12; 21:30; 25:12
5. Bad Words - Proverbs 6:12-14; 16:30; 17:4; 18:8; 26:23; 29:5
6. Good Words - Proverbs 10:19; 15:23; 16:24; 17:10; 24:26; 25:11-12
7. The Sluggard - Proverbs 6:6-8; 13:4; 15:9; 22:13; 24:30-34; 26:14-16
8. Wealth Poverty - Proverbs 10:4, 15, 22; 13:8; 18:11, 23; 19:4; 21:6; 30:8-9
9. Giving - Proverbs 14:21, 31; 19:6, 17; 21:13
10. Planning the Future - Proverbs 11:3; 14:12; 15:22; 16:9; 21:5, 31: 27:1
- Publisher: InterVarsity Press
- ISBN: 978-0-8308-3026-8
- Author: William Mouser, Jr.
- Pages: 80
- Format: Paperback
- Publication Date: January 2001
This item can be returned to ChurchPartner as long as it has not been used, corners are not tattered or curled and is in its original packaging. All returns must be shipped back within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. All damaged product must be reported within 7 days of receipt. You are responsible for all shipping costs back to our warehouse unless the product was damaged in shipping. Please call us at 800-572-0550 and receive a Return Authorization number to ensure proper credit for the returned item. All credits will be distributed in the same manner as it was originally charged (i.e. credit card credits will be made to the same credit card used for purchase). All credits, with the exception of damaged items, will be for the product cost only, and will not include original shipping charges. Items must be received in resalable condition for credits to be issued. Items damaged during shipping back to our warehouse is the responsibility of the sender and, therefore, you are required to contact the shipping company and settle any disputes. Item returned without a Return Authorization number can be delayed in processing and credits might take 30 days or longer to process.
Located in Westmont, Illinois, InterVarsity Press has been publishing excellent Christian books for more than 50 years. Our current publishing program is focused on three imprints:
1) IVP Books offers general-interest books in categories like Christian living, discipleship, evangelism, missions, apologetics and cultural critique.
2) IVP Academic offers books designed for research and classroom use in areas such as biblical studies, theology, philosophy, science and psychology.
3) IVP Connect offers study guides, multimedia curriculum and foundational resources for churches and small groups.