As Paul Stevens and Dan Williams lead you through this study of 1 Corinthians, you will see that the issues facing the Corinthian church are little different from the ones your church struggles with year after year. Here in 1 Corinthians is a portrait of Christian community not as it was meant to be, but as it often really is. But here too is practical advice for overcoming the challenges of life together.
Life among Christians can be great.
But it can also be exasperating!
The joys of fellowship in Christ too often give way to division and debate. You may find yourself drawn into arguments over such things as the correct form of worship or the proper role of charismatic gifts. Perhaps you wonder, Why don't we get along together as we should? Or How can we recapture the unity of the early church?
Surprisingly, the first Christian believers didn't always live in harmony either! As Paul Stevens and Dan Williams lead you through this study of 1 Corinthians, you will see that the issues facing the Corinthian church are little different from the ones your church struggles with year after year. Here in 1 Corinthians is a portrait of Christian community not as it was meant to be, but as it often really is. But here too is practical advice for overcoming the challenges of life together.
Now available in IVP Connect's revised LifeGuide Bible Study format, 1 Corinthians features questions for starting group discussions and for personal reflection, as well as a new "Now or Later" section following each session.
Getting the Most Out of 1 Corinthians
1. Called in Christ: Thankful Together or Falling Apart - 1 Corinthians 1
2. Mind of Christ: True Wisdom from the Spirit - 1 Corinthians 2:1--3:4
3. Founded on Christ: Working Together with God - 1 Corinthians 3:5-23
4. Servants of Christ: At the End of the Parade - 1 Corinthians 4
5. Members of Christ: The Body Is Meant for the Lord - 1 Corinthians 5--6
6. Devoted to Christ: Marrying When Time Is Short - 1 Corinthians 7
7. Living for Christ: The Right to Relinquish Rights - 1 Corinthians 8--9
8. Eating with Christ: All for the Glory of God - 1 Corinthians 10
9. Headship of Christ: Truly Worshiping Together - 1 Corinthians 11
10. Body of Christ: Manifestations for the Common Good - 1 Corinthians 12
11. Love of Christ: The Most Excellent Way - 1 Corinthians 13
12. Speaking for Christ: Mature Orderly Worship - 1 Corinthians 14
13. Hope in Christ: The Resurrection the Life - 1 Corinthians 15--16
- Publisher: InterVarsity Press
- ISBN: 978-0-8308-3009-1
- Author: Paul Stevens and Dan Williams
- Pages: 96
- Format: Paperback
- Publication Date: January 2001
This item can be returned to ChurchPartner as long as it has not been used, corners are not tattered or curled and is in its original packaging. All returns must be shipped back within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. All damaged product must be reported within 7 days of receipt. You are responsible for all shipping costs back to our warehouse unless the product was damaged in shipping. Please call us at 800-572-0550 and receive a Return Authorization number to ensure proper credit for the returned item. All credits will be distributed in the same manner as it was originally charged (i.e. credit card credits will be made to the same credit card used for purchase). All credits, with the exception of damaged items, will be for the product cost only, and will not include original shipping charges. Items must be received in resalable condition for credits to be issued. Items damaged during shipping back to our warehouse is the responsibility of the sender and, therefore, you are required to contact the shipping company and settle any disputes. Item returned without a Return Authorization number can be delayed in processing and credits might take 30 days or longer to process.
Located in Westmont, Illinois, InterVarsity Press has been publishing excellent Christian books for more than 50 years. Our current publishing program is focused on three imprints:
1) IVP Books offers general-interest books in categories like Christian living, discipleship, evangelism, missions, apologetics and cultural critique.
2) IVP Academic offers books designed for research and classroom use in areas such as biblical studies, theology, philosophy, science and psychology.
3) IVP Connect offers study guides, multimedia curriculum and foundational resources for churches and small groups.