One of Abingdon's most beloved Bible studies has been updated!
Study the Books of 1 and 2 Corinthians, Galatians, and Ephesians, and delve into the church. Some of the major ideas explored are: knowledge and love in the church, worship, open-hearted sharing, the false and true apostles, and the divine plan.
More than 3.5 million copies of the series have been sold.
This revision of the Abingdon classic Genesis to Revelation Series is a comprehensive, verse-by-verse, book-by-book study of the Bible based on the NIV. These studies help readers strengthen their understanding and appreciation of the Bible by enabling them to engage the Scripture on three levels:
- What does the Bible say? Questions to consider while reading the passage for each session.
- What does the passage mean? Unpacks key verses in the selected passage.
- How does the Scripture relate to my life? Provides three major ideas that have meaning for our lives today. The meaning of the selected passages are made clear by considering such aspects as ancient customs, locations of places, and the meanings of words.
The meaning of the selected passages are made clear by considering such aspects as ancient customs, locations of places, and the meanings of words. The simple format makes the study easy to use. Includes maps and glossary with key pronunciation helps.
Updates will include:
- New cover designs.
- New interior designs.
- Leader Guide per matching Participant Book (rather than multiple volumes in one book).
- Updated to 2011 revision of the New International Version Translation (NIV).
- Updated references to New Interpreters Dictionary of the Bible.
- Include biblical chapters on the contents page beside session lesson titles for at-a-glance overview of biblical structure.
- Include larger divisions within the contents page to reflect macro-structure of each biblical book. Ex: Genesis 1-11; Genesis 12-50; Exodus 1-15; Exodus 16-40; Isaiah 1-39; Isaiah 40-66.
The simple format makes the study easy to use. Each volume is 13 sessions and has a separate leader guide.
Abingdon Press is an imprint of The United Methodist Publishing House, in operation since 1789. In the early 1920s, Abingdon began publishing a wide array of high-caliber academic, professional, inspirational, and life-affirming religious literature to enrich church communities across the globe. Now beginning its ninth decade, Abingdon Press has a commitment to providing the best, most effective religious publications available.
This item can be returned to ChurchPartner as long as it has not been used, corners are not tattered or curled and is in its original packaging. All returns must be shipped back within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. All damaged product must be reported within 7 days of receipt. You are responsible for all shipping costs back to our warehouse unless the product was damaged in shipping. Please call us at 800-572-0550 and receive a Return Authorization number to ensure proper credit for the returned item. All credits will be distributed in the same manner as it was originally charged (i.e. credit card credits will be made to the same credit card used for purchase). All credits, with the exception of damaged items, will be for the product cost only, and will not include original shipping charges. Items must be received in resalable condition for credits to be issued. Items damaged during shipping back to our warehouse is the responsibility of the sender and, therefore, you are required to contact the shipping company and settle any disputes. Item returned without a Return Authorization number can be delayed in processing and credits might take 30 days or longer to process.