This ten-session small group Bible study, Death and Resurrection of the Messiah, from noted teacher and historian, Ray Vander Laan, is volume four of the That the World May Know series. In it, Vander Laan illustrates how Jesus' call to follow him turned the world upside down, and learn how confronting evil can be loudly proclaiming the name of Jesus or quietly caring for someone in need.
Filmed on location in Israel, Faith Lessons is a unique video series that brings God's Word to life with astounding relevance. By weaving together the Bible's fascinating historical, cultural, religious, and geographical contexts, teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan reveals unique insights into the Scriptures' significance for modern believers.
The Death and Resurrection of the Messiah (336 pages) includes ten sessions.
- Focuses on passages of Scripture explored in the DVD
- Includes sidebars, maps, photos and other study tools
- Features questions that facilitate discussion and inspire personal reflection
- Includes 30 personal Bible studies to help you deepen your learning experience between sessions, and turn lessons from the past into applications that impact how you live out your faith today.
These illuminating "faith lessons" afford a new understanding of the Bible that will ground your convictions and transform your life. The Faith Lessons video series is ideal for use in small groups, personal and family Bible studies, and adult Sunday school. Individual believers and families will gain vital insights from long-ago times and cultures through this innovative approach to Bible study.
This pack contains one Discovery Guide and one DVD.
- When Storms Come – Sea of Galilee
- Piercing the Darkness – Kursi
- Gates of Hell– Caesarea Philippi
- City of the Great King Part 1 – The Temple
- City of the Great King Part 1 – Jerusalem
- The Lamb of God – Mount of Olives
- The Weight of the World – Capernaum/Gethsemane
- Roll Away the Stone – Garden Tomb
- Power to the People – Southern Stairs
- Total Commitment – Caesarea
Zondervan is an international Christian communications company with a heart for helping people find and follow Jesus Christ by inspiring them with relevant biblical and spiritual resources. They do this through their bestselling, award-winning, and life-changing products.
Zondervan leads the way in Bible and book publishing, and they continue to expand their resource offering. They are working to become an even greater contributor to the international Christian marketplace. Today they offer a wide variety of resources for all ages. Their products include Bibles, books, audio resources, ebooks, videos, CD-ROMs, digital downloads, and inspirational gifts.